Monday, April 26, 2010

Kak Mala

Last week I had the opportunity to visit a childhood friend of mine who is actually six years older. Despite the age difference, we could get along well..and way into our forties..of course with keeping silence for quite a while in between... with our own busy lives with family and kids..
This friendship started when I was still in primary school..can't recall exactly when..probably when I was 7 or 8 and she was already 13 or 14 then..
She had just welcomed an additional member of her family..a grand daughter..thus, my visit..
I am happy that we are still friends for I can truly see the real person in her..such a humble person..despite all the worldly things that she has..
The two hours that I spent with her taught me a few things..some of the things she said made me really think hard of life..she made me see things in a new perspective...made me reconsider a few things that I was planning to do...
Life is not a material thing..especially at this age..May Allah bless this friendship..and guide us till the end..

No comments: